18 March 2010

Little Joanna!

The other day Seth and I took Thunder to the park to run about. Since it is mud season now, we had to park at the park entrance and walk up the road to get to any of our usual trails. Mud season can get pretty muddy, and cars are not welcome. A little stream (creek, if you are from Kentucky) runs down alongside the road, and honestly I've never paid much attention to it. We usually drive past it on the way to the parking area. 

On our way back to the car we were walking past a family with two daughters. One was older, maybe 9 or 10 (probably 10, she had a very double digit air about her) one was younger, maybe 6 or 7. The older one, as I said, had a double digit air about her, and I imagine she was horrified at the indecency of wearing matching snowsuits as  her younger sister. Never-the-less, she wore hers with dignity and tried to paste a smile on her face. The younger sister's snowsuit was quite muddy by contrast, and the coat she was holding was dragging on the ground behind her. She was jumping and running and obviously, was very excited to be outside. At one point, she stepped off the road and into what was left of the melting snow, headed towards the creek. Her mother quickly called her back, she sighed, looked downcast, and said wistfully, "I wish I could take the stream!" (Walk down the creek instead of the road)

"Look!" said Seth, "It's a little Joanna!"


That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA~I love this! SO true - in a very good way!

    ReplyDelete